Decisions taken by Individual Portfolio Holders
County Councillor Myfanwy Alexander
Portfolio Holder for Adult Social Care and Welsh Language
Decisions Taken 14 January 2021
Decisions Published 14 January 2021
Decisions Effective 22 January 2020
The Impact of COVID-19 on Provision of Daytime Opportunities in Powys
1. For day services and day centres to remain closed for a further 6 months.
2. For social workers to work with individuals and their carers to support them to utilise different methods of achieving what matters to them while the day centres/services remain closed.
3. For Adult Services to undertake an evaluation of the implications of maintaining closed day centres/services in the longer term (recognising that physical distancing will be required for some time), including a potential consultation with staff on alternative roles that promote day opportunities.
4. To continue to work alongside providers of externally commissioned services to provide home based support on a long-term basis, whilst supporting residents to engage in day opportunities.
5. To return to Health and Care Scrutiny Committee/ Cabinet with the findings in order to enable informed decision making about the future of day services across the county.