Question from: County Councillor Graham Breeze Subject: Waste Recycling
Residents of Powys are continually seeing their recycling left on pavements and since the centralisation of services to Abermule my own Welshpool Llanerchyddol Ward has experienced problems on a weekly basis.
The council continues to blame a workforce shortage for the ongoing issues.
Could the Portfolio Holder please explain:
1. Why Powys County Council has lost staff in this particular are.
2. Why the authority is taking so long to recruit new staff.
3. What recruitment processes are in place other than the council’s own social media and website.
4. When she sees a return to normal working conditions.
5. What is being done to ensure proper back-up is in place to provide cover on problem days and weeks.