Decisions taken by Individual Portfolio Holders
County Councillor Myfanwy Alexander
Portfolio Holder for Adult Social Care and Welsh Language
Decisions Taken 3 August 2021
Decisions Published 3 August 2021
Decisions Effective 11 August 2021
The Impact of COVID-19 on Provision of Daytime Opportunities in Powys
1. For day services and day centres to remain closed for a further 6 months.
2. For social workers/reviewing officers to work with individuals and their carers to support them to utilise different methods of achieving what matters to them while the day centres/services recover.
3. For Adult Services to undertake an evaluation of the implications of maintaining closed day centres/services in the longer term (recognising that physical distancing will be required for some time), including a potential consultation with staff on alternative roles that promote day opportunities.
4. To continue to work alongside providers of externally commissioned services to provide home based support on a long-term basis, whilst supporting residents to engage in day opportunities.
5. To return to Health and Care Scrutiny Committee/ Cabinet with the findings in order to enable informed decision making about the future of day services across the County.