Contact: Stephen Boyd 01597 826374
Decisions taken by Individual Portfolio Holders
County Councillor R Harris
Portfolio Holder for Leader
Decisions Taken 14 April 2020
Decisions Published 14 April 2020
Decisions Effective from 22 April 2020
Strategy for Transforming Education in Powys 2020 – 2030
• To accept the findings of the Engagement Report (Appendix A to the report).
• To approve the new Strategy for Transforming Education in Powys 2020 – 2030 (Appendix B) for implementation.
• in order to demonstrate full commitment to the ambition outlined in the Strategy, to approve the development of a ten-year outline (notional) capital investment sum of £350m to transform the schools’ estate as outlined in the revised 21st C Schools Strategic Outline Case (Appendix C).
• To request officers to return to Cabinet, no later than September 2020, or as soon as is reasonably practicable, with the first set of proposals and a revised home-to-school transport policy, for consideration.
• To request officers to return to Cabinet, no later than September 2020, or as soon as is reasonably practicable, with a draft Welsh in Education Strategic Plan, for consideration
• To accept that surplus schools will be dealt with in line with the Council’s Capital Asset Policy.